Spring, why you gotta play me.
- Helen Eve talks about her debut novel Stella and the comparisons to Regina George in Mean Girls.
- Karen Jensen works with authors to start conversations about sexual violence in young adult literature.
- John Green’s Looking for Alaska was challenged in a Colorado school.
- Razorbill will publish two more Jessica Khoury (Origin) novels.
- Susan Dennard will be publishing a new series with Tor called Truthwitch.
- Simon & Schuster will be publishing two transgender teen memoirs.
- Stephanie Kuehn announced her new novel Delicate Monsters.
- Michelle Zink’s new novel Lies I Told will hit shelves in 2015.
- Disney-Hyperion will release Alexandra Bracken’s new novel Passenger.
- Blythe Woolston announces two new YA novels: MARTians and Hacking Texanna.
- Stephanie Perkins announces the release date for Isla and the Happily Ever After.
- Lauren Oliver will participate in a Panic-driven Twitter chat on March 26th.
- Melissa de la Cruz will launch The Ring and the Crown at 92Y.
- Fierce Reads announces their complete spring 2014 tour schedule.
- The L.A. Times Festival of Books released its list of attending authors.
- Kami Garcia (Beautiful Creatures) will attend the Bram Stoker Awards.
- Jacqueline Woodson (Beneath A Meth Moon) is on the shortlist for the Hans Christian Anderson Award.
- The Canadian Library Association announced their shortlist for the 2014 Young Adult Book Award.
- The Queen of Teen UK Awards nominations are now open.
- In Off the Page, M. Seregon paints Leigh Bardugo’s Grisha world.
- In Once Upon A Tweet, Alison Ng finds the best of authors on social media.
- In Plays with Words, E.M. Caines chats with Joshua David Bellin (Survival Colony 9) about finding time to write.
- Keep up with upcoming YA releases.
- Keep up with recent cover releases.
- Keep up with recent excerpt releases.
- What’s on our list this week? Ten Native American protagonists!
Next issue: April 6, 2014.
Happy Day After St. Patrick’s Day
Photo with 2 notes
Jace and Clary WIP. I’m in desperate need of warmer weather, so I’m going to do something Spring-ish
see, the yellow ones.
Speaking of art, today my friend Jackson Pearce’s book TSARINA comes out (under her pen name J. Nelle Patrick). I took the liberty of ordering an extra copy to give away. What, I thought, would be a good way to enhance the beauty and thrill of the text inside?
so here we have myself riding a moose drawn in this copy. I have also signed it. This is how friendship works, and if you are not finding yourself doing this regularly, you need to step back and ask myself, “am I good friend? Am I someone I’d like to know?”
If you would like to win the Moose Tsarina, either reblog this or tweet the cover (er, if you’re a twitter person, better hashtag it #winamoose so I see it). Then I’ll pick a random winner at 9 p.m. EST today (Feb 27th). Yes, it’s international, yes, it’s signed by me and not by Jackson.
Aw! Maggie Stiefvater book art!
Page 1 of 19